Frequently Asked Questions
In our opinion, our team at Bio Sewage System can supply superior Waste Water Treatment (WWT) systems due to:
- The customised design and development of each sewage treatment plant, which takes all relevant factors into consideration (i.e. sewage condition, number of people, operating periods, location, eco-system, environment and aesthetics, etc.);
- Introducing the correct level of oxygen into the 2 reactor tanks to encourage and maintain healthy bacteria growth;
- Being dedicated to offering excellent customer service.
- Systems that work.
- Trouble free.
- Odour free.
- One year guarantee on all pumps and electrical components, 5 years on tanks etc
Bio Sewage Systems are modular in design and each sewage treatment plant is tailor-made to each customer’s requirements.
The smallest available unit, Flush n Spray® a 2 cube plant, can treat up to 2,000 litres of black and grey water per day, the largest plant is the “BioBEE500”, a 500 cube plant, which treats up to 500, 000 litres of waste water per day. If, however, the requirements of the customer do not suit these standard plants, then the BSS team can customise the plant to suit your needs.
The system consists of a combination of anaerobic, anoxic and aerobic reactors to achieve an effluent low in dissolved organic compounds as well as low total nitrogen content.
The anticipated final effluent quality meets the requirements for the purification of Waste Water or Effluent as per the General Standards as per Government Gazette (Revision of general authorizations in terms of section 39 of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act. No. 36 of 1998)
Wastewater Discharge General Limits
- pH – Value at 25°C 5.5-9.5
- Suspended Solids at 105°C * <25
- Nitrate as N * <15
- Chemical Oxygen Demand as O2 (Total) * <75
- Faecal Coliform Bacteria / 100 mℓ* <1000
- Free & Saline Ammonia as N * <6
Where possible, SABS-approved or equivalent components are used in the manufacturing and installation of this WWT. All mechanical components are limited to the manufacturer’s warranty and guarantee policies.
We need people on every continent to RISE up and work towards saving the planet. We, at Bio Sewage Systems, believe that one way to do this is to conserve our precious and scarce commodity – WATER. Bio Sewage Systems can provide you with innovative technology to help you RISE up and to help ensure the protected use of our water.
The benefits of the Bio Sewage Systems are:
- Recycle your black or grey water
- Irrigate your gardens/lawns
- Save water and electricity
- Environmentally safe effluent (clean, clear and odourless)